Purpose of contest:
The Right to Life of Southwest Indiana elementary and middle school poster contest is to promote the artistic abilities of students as they relate to pro-life issues. The Theme of the 2023 Contest is Love Them Both.
- The contest is open for all children grades Kindergarten through 8.
- One entry per student.
- Finished poster size can range from 8 1/2” x 11” to 11”x14.”
- Artwork must be original. Posters must be freehand and cannot include pictures or computer- generated drawings.
- Words may be used.
- Each poster will be evaluated on the following categories: originality, interpretation of theme and presentation of pro-life message, artistic ability and overall effect.
- The poster must reflect an unequivocally pro-life position. (Pro-life means affirming that all innocent human life from conception until to natural death is precious and must be protected.)
- Posters must be turned in to the Right to Life of Southwest Indiana office by Friday, March 17, 2023 by 3 p.m.
- Posters must have a completed information form attached (see below).
- Posters cannot be returned.
- Upon submission, all artwork becomes the property of Right to Life of Southwest Indiana.
There are three age categories:
- Kindergarten – 2nd grade
- 3rd – 5th grade
- 6th – 8th grade
Awards given in each age category will be:
- First place – $25, 1st place ribbon
- Second place – $15, 2nd place ribbon
- Third place – $10, 3rd place ribbon
Posters will be on display at the Right to Life of Southwest Indiana Annual Banquet. Winners will be announced at the banquet and then prizes will be presented at the participant’s school at a later date.
For every entry, please submit an information form below:
Kindergarten through 2nd Grade
1st – Hank Halbach, 1st grade (Evansville Lutheran School)
2nd – Haley Ipock, 1st grade (Evansville Lutheran School)
3rd – Kadyn Hoyer, 2nd grade (Evansville Lutheran School)
1st – Cecilia Mohr, 4th grade (Home School)
2nd – Micah Shilling, 5th grade (Evansville Lutheran School)
3rd – Isaiden Zimmerman, 5th grade (Evansville Lutheran School)
1st – Lucy Mohr, 6th grade (Home School)
2nd – Kylen Chester, 6th grade (Evansville Lutheran School)
3rd – Jay DeSousa, 6th grade (Evansville Lutheran School)